The following positions are available at our offices in Brooklyn, NY:
Research Scientist, Cartilage
The Research Scientist, Cartilage position will assist in the research and development of tissue engineered cartilage products, document research results via technical reports, and present technical findings to R&D community and management.
Works in a highly regulated, collaborative team environment to perform benchside R&D to cGMP-level tissue engineered product development. Create, maintain and optimize SOP, create and execute research protocols, and maintain proper documentation of pertinent research results. Evolve and grow with the team as workload evolves from R&D to clinical trials.
PhD or equivalent experience in biomedical engineering, material science, and/or related fields with 0-2 year(s) of relevant experience.
- Perform research for the development of tissue engineered cartilage products.
- Independently design and execute experiments for scientific investigation and process optimization.
- Maintain, create, and optimize SOPs as needed.
- Handle biological materials from human subjects.
- Prepare and maintain detailed records and summary reports of all procedures and results including graphs and scientific calculations according to good R&D documentation practices.
- Organize and present high-quality analytical data at group, department, and cross-functional team meetings.
- Prepare comprehensive progress reports for grant related projects.
- Perform other job-related duties as required.
Highly Desired Requirements
Previous experience in fabricating and testing hydrogels and/or control release microparticles is high desired. Prior experience working within a GMP compliant facility is a plus.
- Produce consistent and accurate results.
- Check work for accuracy before completion of tasks.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrate critical thinking, self-initiative, and team work ability.
- Maintain accurate record of all tests performed, documenting test results.
- Able to support management and work in cross-functional teams that evolve quickly.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Ability to lift 25lbs or more on a regular basis.
No relocation assistance is provided for this position.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EpiBone, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EpiBone ,Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
**Qualified applicants, please submit your cover letter and CV for consideration to: email@example.com.